• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Meg mos with an Ultra Vac (Exmark) will it work?

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
I believe the only engine able to power this combo would be the new XS.

You'd be way short on power.

Here is a good setup.....

You NEED the antiblowout baffle. Don't have it....your wasting your time. Get it, use it, and use a set of Gator Magnums or Gator Hi-lifts.

But the antiblowout baffle is what give you the suction and cuts OUT blow-out!

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
CharlieBingo said:
I was thinking of running meg mos on my Lazer Z with the Ultra vac will this cause blow out or clogging? I want to increase suction . What are your opinions on this combo?

You can run that combo, what engine do you have?

John

OP
C

CharlieBingo

LawnSite Senior Member
Just an update. Running this combo about a week now and the results are incredible. Vacuum effect is great but more impressive my ultra vac is filling with dust so shredded and compacted it looks almost like compost. A worthwhile combo. Hope this makes life a bit easier.

mulcahy mowing

LawnSite Senior Member
can some one post a pic of an antiblowout baffle? how much do they cost?

FERT-TEK

LawnSite Bronze Member
CharlieBingo said:
Just an update. Running this combo about a week now and the results are incredible. Vacuum effect is great but more impressive my ultra vac is filling with dust so shredded and compacted it looks almost like compost. A worthwhile combo. Hope this makes life a bit easier.
What kind of trees are your leaves coming from. I am running MM's with an excellerator bagger with the leaf extender and 50% of the leaves are almost whole. Regardless they are providing good vacuum with little blowout on my Toro Z500.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
FLC Dave said:
What kind of trees are your leaves coming from. I am running MM's with an excellerator bagger with the leaf extender and 50% of the leaves are almost whole. Regardless they are providing good vacuum with little blowout on my Toro Z500.
The Toro front baffling is different than the eXmark and your catcher is not slowing anything down at all or holding the finest dust for that matter.

Close the baffle to the tightest position and try it.

TLS

LawnSite Fanatic
mulcahy mowing said:
can some one post a pic of an antiblowout baffle? how much do they cost?
Do a search for baffle and use my screename "TLS" you will see pics I posted a while back.