Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I purchased a set of Meg-mo blades for my 48" Wright Stander . I was told that they would eliminate or reduce the amount of scraping the deck. (Wrong) I truly believe that I am scraping more than I was before. Took them off today very irritated about them . Anyone else have a positive experience with them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You guys having problems with our blades just call we do not bite. We will take care of an problem you might have and if we can't we will give you your money back. We can't fix a problem if we don't know that there is a problem. WE DO NOT WANT ANY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!
What works for most might not work for some. We look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by robertsturf
Anyone else have a positive experience with them.
Yes, I have many positive experiences with my Meg Mo blades.

But, if I did have a problem with them, I would give Roy a call first instead of complaining on Lawnsite.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Maoney back garentee?............Hmmm now that makes wanting to try them a bit easier minus the cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got them for the first time and used them for the first time yesterday they gave a really nice cut, and did chew the grass up much better then my others before on this account I would have to double cut and that still would not look good. With the meg mos I cut only once. Too soon to give an official evaluation which I plan on doing right now this is just a first impression.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
So DLCS if they work well it's ok to post @ LS but if they don't I should not post but contact Roy instead??
What I'm saying is complain to Roy first to see if he can help, give him a chance to make it right. I may be wrong but it doesn't sound like the starter of this post has made that attempt.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have ordered a set for my Super Z and when they arrive I will try them out and give my opinion on them since I don't know anyone using them on a Super Z. Roy has promptly replied to all the emails I have sent which is more than some will do. I look forward to trying these out and I was told there is a 30 satisfaction guarantee so we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What I want to know is how easy is it to change the knives after a normal use. Like throgh rain wet grass and what not. It looks like the bolts that connect the knives could have a good chance of locking or siezing on them.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
Just got my Meg-Mos & will have a report shortly. So DLCS if they work well it's ok to post @ LS but if they don't I should not post but contact Roy instead?? Nice sail & they came Sharp. Should work well.
Since I may buy these too, help me out. You show a picture of some blades, but the holders are already rusted. Is this how they come from the factory, all rusty???? Also, it looks as though they do not come assembled. Do you have to put them together????
Thanks,
DP

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by Richard Martin
The knives on my set are attached with Torx bolts, nuts and Loctite. You do need to heat the nuts to get them off. Make sure you put new Loctite on them when you reassemble them.
Hi Rich,
OK, so then, what is the picture I'm looking at???? Frankly, this a terrible "advertisement", or whatever for Meg mo's. Here they are rusted, and second they arent' assembled. What gives??? Please help me.
PD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Doc Pete
It looks to me like they are assembled, but with extra blades also. As far as rust is concerned, where? They look to be ok to me. Maybe not a glossy paint job, but I don't see rusty steel. It looks like new T1 to me.
keegan

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Originally posted by Doc Pete
Hi Rich,
OK, so then, what is the picture I'm looking at???? Frankly, this a terrible "advertisement", or whatever for Meg mo's. Here they are rusted, and second they arent' assembled. What gives??? Please help me.
PD
Pete
In that pic they are put together, He has gotten extra knives and fasteners.
dont let a little surface rust get you thinking:confused: Its probably from shipping when it rained. It is untreated steel.
John
Pete just try them!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok so when changing the knives you have to heat up the nuts to get them off is there no other way. So I have to have a torch to swap this out. Thanks in advance this will help in my decision on buying them or not.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by J&J Lawn Care
Ok so when changing the knives you have to heat up the nuts to get them off is there no other way. So I have to have a torch to swap this out. Thanks in advance this will help in my decision on buying them or not.
No, no torch is needed. Just a 12mm wrench and a Torx socket.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by John Gamba
Pete
In that pic they are put together, He has gotten extra knives and fasteners.
dont let a little surface rust get you thinking:confused: Its probably from shipping when it rained. It is untreated steel.
John
Pete just try them!!
sorry, I saw the rust and got scared. Hey..... for all that money, and they're not coated/painted??? Come on.......:eek:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.