1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Melting Urea And Aquacap

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by VARMIT COMMISSION, Apr 8, 2008.

1. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Im melting my granular urea in the tank. Anyone ever had a problem adding aqua-cap after melting?
    Labe says add pendulum to a partially filled tank while agitating and then fill the remainder of the tank with water or liquid fert.
    Melted granular urea is liquid fert. isnt it?????
    So the way I read it I can add half my urea melted, then aquacap then start agitation and add the remainder of urea melting it.

Could I just melt all my urea then add aquacap (agitating) last? Then finish filling the tank with water.

I just dont want it to gel on me.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I always add powders then liquids then fert unless label says otherwise. I don't think it really matters as far as Aquacap and Urea goes. I've never had a problem either way. I've used many chems over the years and the only reaction I've ever seen was between 2,4-D and MSMA... That is as far as Lawn chems go!;)

3. VARMIT COMMISSION

I will be adding three-way later just not this time. I plan on melting then aqua-cap then three-way (24d).

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i run urea, aquacap, trimec 992 or coolpower, iron, NBN, 0-0-62, all togegther with no problems.. i too like to add any 'dry' products first, then the liquid. (unless stated otherwise on the lable)

5. VARMIT COMMISSION

thanks for the info.