Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is going to sell/service the Hustler brand in the metro Memphis area?
I bought up plenty of blades, filters, ect.... for my Hustlers, plus I bought the shop's commercial blade sharpener [great deal] However, with my machines still in warranty, who is the closest dealer?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Captken,
Sorry for the delay in posting.
I just heard about this myself last week.
I am going to make a few phone calls and see if there is a new dealer in the works.
I will post here or e-mail you as soon as I find anything out.

Pj

·
Registered
4 Posts
There will be another dealer in the Memphis area very soon, and an announcement will be made as soon as the paperwork is done.
Donald Bell, SouthCo Sales
Hustler representative for Kentucky & Tennessee

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's good to know, I'm going through all the equipment at this time.

My Hustlers have been, [up to this point], reliable and dependable.

However, I don't want to travel extreme distances to get parts. Down time equals lost profit.

I have lots of praise for the Hustler brand, tip top equipment.

However,

I have an issue [outstanding] concerning the recoil on my walkbehind that has never been resolved by the quy that is going out of business.....

Edgy people.....

Maybe that is the reason you see so few Hustlers in Memphis.

If I had a choice in Memphis area Hustler dealers, I would have never gone back to the guy thats going out of business....

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Midsouth Sweeper has done a great job of getting me in and out pronto in the past, how soon I had forgotten that when the owner yelled at me to "get out of my way" in that drill seargent voice and I didn't appreciate it.

My apoligies to the owner, I understand that we all have bad days, I am sorry about the negative post, and I wish him well in his new endeavor. good luck to you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by southcosales
There will be another dealer in the Memphis area very soon, and an announcement will be made as soon as the paperwork is done.
Donald Bell, SouthCo Sales
Hustler representative for Kentucky & Tennessee
any news yet on this yet?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I just received this info....
While we are in the process of new dealer development in the Memphis area we appointing the following 2 dealers Hustler parts and service centers.
They can order any parts you may need and can also perform warranty and service work on Hustler commercial and residential products.

Bartlett Small Engine
6780 Summer Avenue
Bartlett, TN 38134
Ph (901) 386-9779
Gary Morrison, service & parts

Small Engine Service
5441 Navy Road
Millington, TN 38053
Ph (901) 872-7128
Jack Payne, service & parts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you Hustler, the season is here for me and I need some warranty work preformed.

My Shindaiwai trimmers are already at BSE for repairs....

A personal friend of mine works the parts counter.....

How convient....

The trimmers should be ready for pick up this week...

Now, does this mean that when I go to pick them up, they will do the warranty repairs without a lot of hassel?

Do I need the purchase reciepts for the equipment, or do they contact the factory for pre-authorization?

Could you possibly help me in this matter by letting them know that I'll be coming by in the next few days?

I'll also want a replacement rear bumper with the word GRASSWORKS cut in it.

Can you help me?

priority item number 1 is a
safety issue on my Hustler Z concerning the operator prescence switch in seat shutting down engine, very very annoying, to the point of overriding it......

secondary is only just mildly annoying, concerning the
recoil on walkbehind not recoiling the rope all the way, probably just needs to be rewound.

Thank you PJ.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts