• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Metro 21 or Toro personal pace for wife

Smitty58

LawnSite Senior Member
My wife has the crazy idea of helping me this year. So I'm thinking of getting either a metro 21 or a toro personal pace 21. I know this is apples/oranges but with the big difference in price I have a few questions: how well does the metro cut? can it stripe? would it be the better choice in the long run? I like quality stuff ,not that the personal pace is'nt. I do have some small properties I could use a good 21 on and of course the wife could handle a self propelled 21 pretty easy (I think). So I guess my main question is just how good of a cut does the metro give?

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Smitty58, I too would like to hear some thoughts about the Merto 21. I sold a 36", and as my luck would have it, I picked up a few yards with gates, and my 48" wouldn't fit. So, I started looking at 21"s, and "fell out" when I saw the MSRP of 999.99. I bought another 36" for 300.00.

hustler1

LawnSite Member
I was in the same situation last fall and took the cheap way out with the toro personal pace 6.5 hp last year. I found it on clearance at Home Depot for $210 and got to use it for a couple of final cuts in the fall....I was impressed! I know its not a commercial grade mower, but it does a nice job and its fast and easy to manuver. I think I got more than my money's worth.....