Metro 36 xmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Db966, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

We are in need of a walk behind to fit into gates in the backyard’s. We really wanted a scag but those are proving hard to find used. Just came across an exmark 36 walk behind. Are they good mowers ?

boostn likes this.
  2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes but the 36 Tracer much much better through a gate

Ran Metros many years. Reliable but Never again Metro

3. OP
    OP
    Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

Why never again??

4. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

Think they're belt drive not hydro.

hort101 and UpNorthMowing like this.
  5. Turf Tracer

Viking a better alternative also.

6. OP
    OP
    Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

Okay, should I just wait for a scag 36 to come available ? I need something sooner than later but don’t want to settle for a not so great machine

7. OP
    OP
    Db966

Db966 LawnSite Member

Also what makes them better through a gate.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

not every one wants a hydro. more expence and much more to go wrong I am looking for a metro 36 right now also.

TPendagast and hort101 like this.
  9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

weve run exmark metro 32 - 36 - 48 for 20 years and theyre tanks but i make sure to add they clog up like crazy on wet grass . and were on all flat land and small lots and i know guys say you want hydro on inclines , plus when its wet . and yes sometimes when its real wet / light rain our drive belts will slip but thats rarely / on rain days or in spring flooded yards . and i know vast majority of guys say belt drivens dont turn anywhere as good as hydro and they dont like belts . so ide add if you buy it get new drive belts and find out how to keep them adjusted . oh another thing is the deck has to be moved with the front caster pins which is a little longer to do . im guessing 12.5hp kaw 1 cylinder ? weve had good results with them but the 2 cyl in 15hp kaw on a metro is the best bet .

Mownmachine144 and hort101 like this.
  10. Turf Tracer

Would get Tracer or Viking. Well worth the eXtra pennies. If your props like ours the Metros will beat you up.

Usually some decent deals come Spring