1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Metro 36 xmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Db966, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Caledwen

Caledwen LawnSite Member

Thanks!

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Platinum Member

its now set on the middle setting for the axel. I set it there before I found the blades were set way up high. I am still learning this rig. only had it a few days and cut I yard so far. I will learn as I go . this is my first fixed deck mower

hort101 likes this.
  3. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

You will love that T bar setup, I wish it would come back. I'm old fashioned, but a 36" belt drive with T bar is a heck of a fenced in yard mower! I always kept my axle in the middle and adjusted the front accordingly, i cust most of my yards at 3"

hort101 likes this.
  4. lawnboy dan

yea the t bar is awesome for manuerability in a closed space and easy on the hands. I will figure where I can and cant use it as the season unfolds but 2.5 inches is a MUST on the bahia yards. it grows back so fast and looks unkept if cut at 3 in. my first full day with it today and man does this thing ride rough. the fixed deck transfers all the bumps back tru the handle to you. by contrast I used the truf tracer on the last yard and it felt like a rolls Royce lol. very happy with the metro cut. so for this season I have the toro/metro for bahia and crappy weed yards-the turf tracer for lush st aug and toro proline 32 as backup. should be all set this season

5. lawnboy dan

so far the cut on the metro 36 is awesome. much better than the 32 proline . feels as if this thing weighs more than 400 lbs .