Metro tri vantage deck worth it ?

blk90s13

LawnSite Bronze Member
I ran across this metro 36 walk behind locally missing a motor

Would it be worth buying it and getting a motor installed possibly me doing the install

mower looks very clean very low hours the old motor was a kohler and it just blew and was taken off already, if I get a serial number can i look up the year ?

M3615kc model

the guy is asking $700 for the mower with the motor included but in pieces

LawnMan19

LawnSite Gold Member
You should be able to look up the year with the serial number, and if you can install a motor yourself I think it would be a good deal, but I would still try and offer him $500 and see you might be able to get it a little cheaper the he is asking.

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
I ran across this metro 36 walk behind locally missing a motor

Would it be worth buying it and getting a motor installed possibly me doing the install

mower looks very clean very low hours the old motor was a kohler and it just blew and was taken off already, if I get a serial number can i look up the year ?

M3615kc model

the guy is asking $700 for the mower with the motor included but in pieces
if you could use a 36" walkbehind as far as cut quality the metro is a great mower.

i paid $3000 for mine brand new 6 years ago with mulch kit. the only i don't like about it is the belt drive and the pistol grip. but it was a great starter mower and works great for the gated backyards i have now.

W&Wlawncare

LawnSite Member
I think 700$ is really high. It's worth about 300$ in my opinion. You have no way of knowing if the transmission is good so you could be in another 300 for a tranny. I would just cover your ass.
I bought a 2003 metro for 450$. It wasn't running and had a 12.5 hp kawasaki. Well I got it running again and guess what ... my most used gear (second gear) had a miss in it. Just be careful, you have to think why this guy didn't fix it himself and make it reasonable to fix in a worse case scenario
Posted via Mobile Device

weesa20

LawnSite Member
I would definitely watch out- a blown motor might be indicative of other maintenance issues- also I recently looked at a TTHP that they had switched out the motor for another Kawi and it had a nightmare electrical gremlin that no one could figure out.

OP
B

blk90s13

LawnSite Bronze Member
if you could use a 36" walkbehind as far as cut quality the metro is a great mower.

i paid $3000 for mine brand new 6 years ago with mulch kit. the only i don't like about it is the belt drive and the pistol grip. but it was a great starter mower and works great for the gated backyards i have now.

That was enough for me to walk away.

weesa20

LawnSite Member
Have a Metro 36"/16 kawi/ECS for sale- $2500, barely used, looks like new.