1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Metro vs. Viking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Hawkshot99, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to get a 48" walk behind. I am willing to get a Exmark, Scag or Bobcat as they are the local dealers. But I do really like the Exmarks.

I was quoted $4365+tax for a 48" Viking with ECS, and $2999+tax for a 48" Metro with ECS. (This mower is not currently in stock, but have been ordered) If I got the Viking I would also be getting a tow behind.

Now my question is, is the Viking worth the extra $1700 total? (That amount is out the door prices including a tow behind for the Viking.) I have 15 lawns that I mow, while going to school, but hope to pick up a few more for next year. I would really like the viking, just not sure if it is worth the extra money.

I am also gonna get price quotes on the comparable Scag, and Bobcats tomorrow when those stores are open.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hawkshot99,

I agree, I really like Exmark too!! I don't think you'll be disappointed w/ either the Viking or Metro. I will mention that you are getting a great price on both units. Viking list price is $4800, and Metro list price is $3100. That's $435 and $100 savings! Have you set up a demo to get your hands on both units?

Casey

3. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i bought the Viking today. Now just needs dealer setup.

I really liked other companies deck adjustment over the Viking, but I absolutely loved the ECS controls. Most of my lawns are the same height so the deck i can deal with. Plus it was the only model I could find in stock, plus cheaper by a long shot.