• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

mft mulching help

rlh149

LawnSite Member
I would like to see if PJ or anyone of the other experienced mft owners can help me out. I purchased the mft with the home owner in mind. I have been mulching my grass for a lot of years with a self propelled John Deer and have always liked the results I have gotten. Now that I have gotten older and my old body aches from so much walking I purchased the mft (after long and hard searching) Now when ever I use the mft the grass clippings blow all over the place. On me up on the lawn mower and I wind up with a good 3 to 4 inches on the deck. Also it leave grass trails all over the yard. If I am doing something wrong I would like to be informed, I have the 15/36 and I have tried both the gator blades and the factory blades with the same result. I have used the mft 5 times now and the results are always the same. I and the lawn mower are covered in grass. I don't run wide open but the blades are at full throttle. Any Ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
rlh149

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
How tall is the grass and how much of it are you mulching (taking off) in one pass?
Your general rule of thumb when mulching is 1/3 of the grass height is to be taken off.

Pj

OP
R

rlh149

LawnSite Member
With the majority of the grass being dormant I do not believe I am trying to cut more than 1/3, I am just curious if I maybe going to slow or if I should cut back on the engine speed? The air movement from the blades is allot.
rlh149