1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. terrapro

    terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,234

    Here is the link for ALL the Leisure Times in MI...


    Yeah pretty much all you can do. The sign is on private land that I know you can get in trouble for(I recieved a cease and desist letter myself) so we can snag it anyway.
  2. Centralmichiganlawncare

    Centralmichiganlawncare LawnSite Member
    Messages: 218

    redmax trimmer and edger. there only 5 months old and motors on both of them keeps bogging down when we start them maybe a carb adj
  3. cuttin-to-the-Max

    cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,337

    Mine does that too but my guys like to use 5 ft of line in the whips which just makes it hard on the carbs. Then Also they dont realize the shorter the line the faster the head....
  4. Leisure Time Outdoor Serv

    Leisure Time Outdoor Serv LawnSite Member
    Messages: 211

    what kind of oil you using? I was using stihl oil and was having all kind of problems with muffler clogging. I switched to amsoil and no problems this year at all
  5. Lightningllc

    Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 330

    Can someone give me guidance to get my company licensed for pesticides. I would like to have this under my belt. I would like to get licensed too and the company. Any thoughts on how to do this without working for a company for 2 years.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Outdoor Pros

    Outdoor Pros LawnSite Member
    Messages: 24


    First step is to become a certified applicator. This allows you to work for a company licensed in pesticide application. You can look at the MI Dept of Agriculture website for test dates and locations. Since you own your own company like I do, working for another company isn't a very feasible option.

    The next step is to apply to the MDA for an exemption on the 2-year working for someone else rule (you can also bypass this through gaining a degree).
    This is not a guaranteed exemption and there are some rules involved if you do get it.

    If you want to contact me for help or further information, all of my contact information is online at www.outdoorprosmi.com
  7. terrapro

    terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,234

    Yep, some certain company I know personally out here paid some extra money to skip the hoops...hint hint.
  8. Lightningllc

    Lightningllc LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 330

    Cole how much. Lol joking but if ???
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. grassmaster06

    grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 338

    I need a good sprinkler guy asap ,downriver area .my regular Guy hasn't been very reliable 313-443-7067
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. terrapro

    terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,234

    He landed a couple nice contracts and his biz exploded the last few years so he is hard to nail down but next time we cross paths I will ask. Honestly it would be a nice ability to have so if you find out beforehand let me know.

Share This Page