1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. sailinstud420

    sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 343

    Hello, fellow michiganders.

    This question probably gets asked alot, but Im going to ask it again. Where do I go to register a business name and get set up as an llc? Who do I call? Is there any forms on the net you can point me to that I can fill out and mail in. ALso, how do I find out if the name I want is taken? I am in GR, if anyone can help itd be great.

    Please dont tell me to go see an accountant, this isnt that complicated... (is it?)
  2. dcondon

    dcondon LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,246

    I could be wrong but I think you can just go to the county building or city office.
  3. sailinstud420

    sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 343

    that is kind of what I was wondering... I don't want to have to go the sec of state if I don't have too. ANyone else have any info?
  4. Metro Lawn

    Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,114

    You register a business name (DBA) at the county clerks office. Any type of corp. paperwork is done through Lansing. Go to www.MI.gov for info.
  5. amar

    amar LawnSite Member
    Messages: 203

    How many shovels have you and your crews broken this season. I'm at six. We need some snow so I can catch up to last years 11. LOL
  6. dcondon

    dcondon LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,246

    Well, I just talked to my wife and she had to get hers from the State because of sales tax. You can do it online if you would like. I'm not sure if thats what you need, sorry I can't help ya!!
  7. sailinstud420

    sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 343

    Just found a cool site to make a really cheap photobook. Check out www.photoworks.com.

    Register, upload your photos and make a photo book. It took me about 25 minutes to make. Then apply coupon code C440-38-5161-81 to get it for free. (Ever heard of www.slickdeals.net ? ) I think it would have costed 12.95. You only pay shipping, which was 4.49 for me. I put photos of lawns that I cut in it to show to prospective clients this spring. It should be a great sell for those that have never seen your work. THey are supposed to arrive in 2-4 days, I let you know how it looks. Good luck to you all.
  8. sailinstud420

    sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 343

    decondon- any idea where to go?
  9. scraper69

    scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi
    Messages: 477

    go to mich.gov, but you may want to get an attorney. and it has nothing to do with sec. of state.
  10. Groundcover Solutions

    Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,254

    We had ours drawn up by an attorney... That is our articles of incorporation, it is not easy to get it all right if you do it yourself! you need to know the correct forms and such for filing. Now as far as a Doing Business As goes. You just need to go down to your local county clerks office and pay a small fee. they will look up any local companies that might have the same name. then they will give you your info. This is typically all you need to set up a bank account for your company. But it dose not offer any protection just gives you an assumed name.

Share This Page