1. HAPPENING NOW: Ask the Expert
    Click over to the Fertilizer Application forum for a live Q&A on fertilization strategies with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental.

    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Pest Applicators, HELP

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Groundcover Solutions, Apr 11, 2001.

  1. Groundcover Solutions

    Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,254

    Ok here are a few questions for you guys! First i put that i do fertilizing on my flyer and i got a letter in the mail today stating that i have to stop advertising that i do fertilizing because i do not have a CPA. So i decided that i will get certified and licensed, But i do not know how to go about this. First of all i need to know what study manuals that i need to get to study for the test. I also know that i need 2 years of expereance with a certified applicator. My freind owns a company so i can take care of that but is there any other things that i am missing and or something like that. Thanks A TONE!!!
  2. GreenQuest Lawn

    GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 822

    Contact the department of Agriculture in Lansing (517) 373-1087 They can send you everything you need. Including Where and when you can take the test, and order forms for the books. Make sure you get some good training and expirience. If you have any other questions feel free to E-Mail me and I will help out all I can.

    Now that I think about it. If you have a friend that is certified He should be able to answer some of your questions also. The expirience has to be proven by a notorized letter of expirience that you submit when you apply for your 1st business license.

    [Edited by greenquestlawn on 04-12-2001 at 12:23 AM]
  3. Sammy

    Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,734

    Who sent the letter ?
    Last I knew, you do not need to be certified for just fertilizer.
  4. Groundcover Solutions

    Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,254

    That was what i was wondering too! If i needed to be certified for granuler fertilizing. (depatment of Agriculture sent the letter)

Share This Page