• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Microorganisms

Wye Oak Tree

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting thread Josh! (and a nice break from politics!)

Some my be very beneficial! Ever heard of Spinosad , which is a bacteria that was randomly found in a sugar mill run still in 1985.

It is purposed to be a very good insecticide like BT..

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks for sharing Josh. It's pretty clear that Climate Change is and will continue to present many challenges for the human race.

OP
BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC

LawnSite Fanatic
Since the microorganisms have been here at one point. I can only hope they will not be some kind of mass disruptor on any scale. Let's hope for many beneficial microorganisms being exposed again. Maybe a self healing method of planet earth.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting thread Josh! (and a nice break from politics!)

Some my be very beneficial! Ever heard of Spinosad , which is a bacteria that was randomly found in a sugar mill run still in 1985.

It is purposed to be a very good insecticide like BT..
There is another strain of Bt that is specific to many grubs and beetles. It is effective and will not kill anything else.

OP
BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC

LawnSite Fanatic
Since the microorganisms have been here at one point. I can only hope they will not be some kind of mass disruptor on any scale. Let's hope for many beneficial microorganisms being exposed again. Maybe a self healing method of planet earth.
Maybe we can find something that can help eliminate radioactive waste similar to the plastic eating ones in the ocean.

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Maybe we can find something that can help eliminate radioactive waste similar to the plastic eating ones in the ocean.

As a point of interest about the ability of microbes.
I live adjacent to a 30 sq mile area which now is a NASA center. In WWII, it was a production and storage area for munitions i.e. TNT. I was told that after the war, the leftover TNT, which covered many acres, was cleaned up with microbes.