Mid-Atlantic guys: how's your snow?

starry night

LawnSite Fanatic
Barry, Bill, Natty, etc. Do you need to dig out this morning?

Here, I had only about 5 inches of snow but there has been a 25-30 mph sustained wind since 5:00 p.m. yesterday. My home faces NE where the wind is from. So I have large areas of bare lawn and drifts of 5-6 ft. in front of the house and barn

And Marcos in Cincy, what you got?

NattyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
It was at 2 feet around 6am, and they were calling for another 2-8" for today. We took the dogs for a walk around 10 last night and we had 6-8 inches. They went out this morning and only made it about 6 feet, peed and rolled back in.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
It was at 2 feet around 6am, and they were calling for another 2-8" for today. We took the dogs for a walk around 10 last night and we had 6-8 inches. They went out this morning and only made it about 6 feet, peed and rolled back in.

Went to bed last night with nothing on the ground, woke up to 12". It's about 20" now, still snowing. Our Whippets are peeing on the deck. My snow blower is in the shop. :laugh:

OP
starry night

starry night

LawnSite Fanatic
Went to bed last night with nothing on the ground, woke up to 12". It's about 20" now, still snowing. Our Whippets are peeing on the deck. My snow blower is in the shop. :laugh:

My black lab can't go far out. Dang drifts are too deep. Too big for my snow blower even though it's as large a walk-behind as they make. Called someone to come plow.

(BTW, Barry I don't think I've ever known anybody who had Whippets. I don't know that I would even recognize the name except we have a nearby high school whose nickname is the Whippets.)

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
My black lab can't go far out. Dang drifts are too deep. Too big for my snow blower even though it's as large a walk-behind as they make. Called someone to come plow.

(BTW, Barry I don't think I've ever known anybody who had Whippets. I don't know that I would even recognize the name except we have a nearby high school whose nickname is the Whippets.)

I've owned sighthounds for 20 years, Borzoi, Saluki, Greyhound, Whippets. Hence the name Phasthound. :) I've founded two lure coursing clubs http://phastcoursing.tripod.com/index.html These breeds are gorgious on the run and easy to live with.

OP
starry night

starry night

LawnSite Fanatic
I've owned sighthounds for 20 years, Borzoi, Saluki, Greyhound, Whippets. Hence the name Phasthound. :) I've founded two lure coursing clubs http://phastcoursing.tripod.com/index.html These breeds are gorgious on the run and easy to live with.

Very cool. I always like to see people with varying and broad interests.
Me, I have coached basketball for more than 20 years. It keeps me from having to plow snow in the winter. :)

whosedog

LawnSite Senior Member

Send that snow up here,(North Jersey)my boys are pissed thought they were going to make money today, got everything ready to roll (based on what was predicted)and we got zip.Just wasting time here on the computer,really should start the sheet rocking job I promised the wife but not motivated enough yet.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Send that snow up here,(North Jersey)my boys are pissed thought they were going to make money today, got everything ready to roll (based on what was predicted)and we got zip.

I spoke with someone in Franklin Lakes at noon & he said the same thing.

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
Send that snow up here,(North Jersey)my boys are pissed thought they were going to make money today, got everything ready to roll (based on what was predicted)and we got zip.Just wasting time here on the computer,really should start the sheet rocking job I promised the wife but not motivated enough yet.

Same crap here, talked to a buddy in VA and got all excited to get out and plow. Not even a flake....

Trying to avoid the honey-do list is getting real hard right now.!!!!

Top Forums