1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Midwest fertilizer suppliers?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by hobbsd, Dec 30, 2006.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

Does anyone know of some fertilizer suppliers in the upper-midwest / minneapolis or W. Wisconsin area?

I've been dealing with Lesco, and they are alright. The stores seem to have a limited fertilizer selection and if they don't carry it, then they don't like ordering it. Also, I need to order from MN so I can't get ferts with Phosphorus.

I also want to do more liquid apps and Lesco has a very limited supply of affordable spray-ables. Where is everyone getting there liquid? I've look on-line for hours and only come up with dead-end leads.

Help and insight is always appreciated:usflag:

~

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I have noticed this as well. I still use them though because they are only minutes from me. Is there a Helena Chemical up there? They are a pretty good company to deal w/.

3. JRB007

JRB007 LawnSite Member

I would try turf werks there is a store in eagan mn. they are part of helena chemical. I started using them mid season last year and they have had everything the I've need at good $

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at our company.

We have standard liquid products to totally organic ones and most anything in between.

5. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Been using Helena for years if u can use them i would

6. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I see lots of organic products, but where is the liquid mineral ferts?

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

John Deere landscapes has a store in or near the cities. As much farming that goes on around there, I would think there would be plenty of places to purchase fertilizer.

8. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We also do custom blending.

What formulation are you looking for?