1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mighty wet today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpp, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, we worked today (labor day). Man let me tell you the dew was so thick,heavy this morning. I thought oh boy I am in trouble. This is going to be a long morning. Who else ran into this today? I guess it is that time of year again with the cool nights that we will be getting this nice morning wetness. :waving:

JP

2. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Same over here in Indiana this morning Sunday morning was worse but both days it never did dry to aroung 11 am i cant wait that long so i was cutting by 7 30 am on the real crappy lawns then when it begin to dry i moved to nicer lawns , still had to use blower to blow clumps lose and spread the clippings on the lawn , i hate this time of year . Had to scap deck and bang deck on ground after every lawn to knock wet grass lose from underneath it.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Oh Yeah the scraping of the deck is back too. :cry: I guess it is better than last month when we were cutting every 10 days. Not now it is back to 7 days for me.

JP

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I am cutting every 5 days ... hard to keep up with it.. also very very wet here between the dew and the rain it is always wet it seems!!!!