Mikey, BFV testing on its way??

DanaMac

LawnSite Fanatic
Mike, this will make you happy. Loveland, CO is looking to maybe start BFV testing on all homes and businesses. But I think they are talking entire water systems, as I know some new developments have been getting whole house RPs or DCVs in the basements where the water line has been entered into the home. Looks like it would be years off though, even if it were to pass.
Loveland proposed water ordinance

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
The numbers in that article point at a Dual Check device, and they are not test-able, so what the annual expense is, i don't know.

OP
DanaMac

DanaMac

LawnSite Fanatic
The numbers in that article point at a Dual Check device, and they are not test-able, so what the annual expense is, i don't know.
I think a lot of people get a double check and dual check mixed up. I occasionally accidentally call it a dual.
Are you assuming that it is a dual because of the low $150-$200 install cost?

OP
DanaMac

DanaMac

LawnSite Fanatic
Are you going to install any DCVA for $150? That would be less than the retail price of the device.
Hell no, but I think someone mis-informed the general public as to the realistic costs for installing it.
Serious pressure loss when the whole house has a DCV and then a second RP for just the irrigation system. Glad we have high pressure available here in C Springs.

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
We call dual-checks "flappers", because that's all there is to them. Worthless because they cannot be tested, and as such, are referred to as "devices", meaning they are not, in any modern cross-connection program, approved for any backflow applications. Glad to hear some of the bureaucracy is moving (albeit prehistoric) into some sort of a program. :clapping:

Kiril

LawnSite Fanatic
We call dual-checks "flappers", because that's all there is to them. Worthless because they cannot be tested, and as such, are referred to as "devices", meaning they are not, in any modern cross-connection program, approved for any backflow applications. Glad to hear some of the bureaucracy is moving (albeit prehistoric) into some sort of a program. :clapping:
What's the point? Either do it right the first time or don't do it at all.