Milestone

candrserviceco

LawnSite Member
We started our business from Scratch in July 2010 and here we are 21 months later with 50 Signed Contract accounts. Feel like it is a major milestone for us. Feels like we are growing fast, but not sure how it compares to others.

Blades Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Bronze Member
We started our business from Scratch in July 2010 and here we are 21 months later with 50 Signed Contract accounts. Feel like it is a major milestone for us. Feels like we are growing fast, but not sure how it compares to others.
How did u get so many clients...

Great job man way to go
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
C

candrserviceco

LawnSite Member
no easy way. Just a whole lot of pounding the pavement promoting the product.

Funny i had a another company come up to me at a job site and said " You spend to much on your advertising"

I said you have heard of me i have never heard of you so i guess i am spending just the right ammount

It does not come to you you gotta go get it!

205mx

LawnSite Silver Member
you cant pray for corn if you dont plant any my man! way to go!

Blades Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hahah nice saying... Yeah I put in an ad in the paper last Sunday and I have been passing flyers and bussiness cards like a freaking mad man lol
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
C

candrserviceco

LawnSite Member
Must be cheap if you have 50 signed accounts in 20 months.

http://www.saintcloudlawncare.com
No not at all. Our average on residential is 45 -50 per yard and our smallest commercial is $6,000 a year.

It took 350 to 400 bids to get here.

It is a simple numbers game. You have to spend money to make money. Dont be cheep ( it almost always looks cheep if it is). If we are not mowing, we are out trying to sell mowing or other stuff. Treat it like a real job and not just something you do on the side.

We desided a long time ago to focus on what we are good at and stay away from what we are not as good at.

Lawn and Landscape is such a wide field, if you try to do it all most of us will fail. Find you nich and run with it. You can always grow and add other stuff later. Why tie up you resources in design/build or Lighting if that is not where you are right now. Money is tight when you start out so focus on what is making you money.

Everyone always thinks cheep = more accounts.

People will buy quality and brand if you build it.

We are in a small market, but have built our name and logo as a brand that people know, they see it everywhere.

They know we will do what we say, and say what we will do.

Set up you basic do and dont's and stick with it.

we do not touch anything without a contract. People are sue happy so protect yourselves.

You can train your customers.

Just my thoughts on what works for us.

Good luck to you all.