Milwaukee M18 Quik-Lok Trimmer

Reedo

LawnSite Senior Member
I too have been wondering about this same thing as I have a bunch of compatible batteries already. I was looking at the trimmer with the 135 degrees hedge attachment and the standard hedge trimmer. I don’t like the look of the blades on the hedge trimmer compared to our Stihl 82R and 82T’s. The extension hedge trimmer looks a little better but still unsure of blade quality. As far as the string trimmer attachment I would probably just use around the house and shop properties. Don’t think it would last on a trimmer rack in the elements on the crew’s truck. How do they compare to the standard 25cc string and hedge trimmers from other companies of commercial quality?

OP
J

Jashley73

LawnSite Member
FWIW, I'm still a part-timer, and this would not see heavy-duty use.

I would use the edger mostly.
(Don't have an edger currently. I expect this to be much faster than using a trimmer for edging.)

Maybe, weekly maintenance trimming. And/or backup trimmer.
(My gas trimmer would stay in the truck, probably as my primary...)

Then the pole-hedge trimmers on occasion.
(I need better hedge trimmers.)

Lastly, the pole-saw.
(Wouldn't use it often, but I also don't have a pole-saw.)

Used in that order.

These would also not get stored outside on a rack.

I also like the idea for the blower too. I expect short battery life with it. But it would be a nice backup.

Andrew Waldner

LawnSite Member
FWIW, I'm still a part-timer, and this would not see heavy-duty use.

I would use the edger mostly.
(Don't have an edger currently. I expect this to be much faster than using a trimmer for edging.)

Maybe, weekly maintenance trimming. And/or backup trimmer.
(My gas trimmer would stay in the truck, probably as my primary...)

Then the pole-hedge trimmers on occasion.
(I need better hedge trimmers.)

Lastly, the pole-saw.
(Wouldn't use it often, but I also don't have a pole-saw.)

Used in that order.

These would also not get stored outside on a rack.

I also like the idea for the blower too. I expect short battery life with it. But it would be a nice backup.
I have the m18 quick-lok trimmer with the trimmer, edger and pole saw attachments. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. You will want to get the 12 amp battery if you will be using it much, I also would recommend the blower to.

Top Forums