1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

mine skid vs dedicated vibratory plow

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Who has used a mini-skid with a plow attachment? How does it compare to a dedicated plow? The examples I am considering are a Bobcat MT55 vs Ditch Witch 255 or 410sx.

2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I just started using a Ditch Witch SK350 with the vibe plow attachment. The plow attachment is the same as a 255 plow. I LOVE this setup. The SK350 is a bit shorter than the Bobcats and the larger DW mini skids, by about a foot. I figure the extra maneuverability is worth it.

I wrestled with the 255 vs Skid issue for a bit, and decided that the extra flexibility that the skid gives you might be worth it. When I talked to my DW dealer and found out that the 350 combo was cheaper than a 255, that sealed the deal for me.

So far, this is outperforming my expectations. I haven't had any problems pulling through heavily compacted ground. I can't imagine the 255 doing the job any better than this.