1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Roll Off Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by echovalley, Feb 22, 2006.

1. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Anyone using a mini roll off trailer?Are they profitable,how many containers do you own.We are looking a 16k lb setup[9hp honda] with 10-15 and 20yrd containers.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with trailer is you can't get them into places where a truck can go. To pull a 16,000lb gvw trailer you need a decent truck to do it with.

3. echovalley

from CT

Not concerned with a truck,I have a new cummins.There has got to be someone into this on this site.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Call Costal Metal Fab in Topsham Maine. They make and sell a Downeaster one. I checked it out a few weeks back, pretty sweet!

there website is www.sandspreader.com

5. echovalley

from CT

I'm not talking about a dump trailer.I looking for more info on rolloff dumpter trailers 10-15 and 20 yrd dumpsters

6. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

Yea it isn't a Dump trailer, It is a roll off with a winch to pull it up and I would say it probably holds around 10-12 yards it actually rolls off the trailer, it even has a tarp roller!

7. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

it was exactly like this!
    [​IMG]

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here you would need a class A cdl to tow one of those ! You might want to check into it .

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

it's just gotta be tough to do business on the east coast, tough on Diesel's, tough on disposal of grass clippings, and a class A CDL to pull 16,000 GTWR. In Tennessse you can tow up to 28,000 GVWR without a CDL, No emission testing on diesels, Yard debris & grass clippings are welcome at landscape recycle centers for compost.

10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.