1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Sneaker Help

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok I'm going to try to paste the link here where I put this in the equipment repair section. Help me out if you can guys. I need this machine to work, or I need to get rid of it. One or the other.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=103274

Thanks in advance. The motor is shot on this Mini-sneaker.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You want more than an 18 HP replacement. The two engines I've seen used on old mini-sneakers were 25 HP Onans and 23 HP cast-iron Kohlers. A new replacement engine will undoubtedly run you more than you paid for the mini-sneaker. And without a replacement, it's kind of hard to prove the rest of the machine is in good operating condition.

3. bicmudpuppy

What I'm hoping for and doesn't look like I'm going to get is a good cheap suggestion for putting it back in service. Worse caase scenario, it still has scrap value, and its real HEAVY scrap. I'm not sure exactly what a mini weighs, but getting it to where it sits with a dead engine was "fun". I'm guessing 2k#'s? I'm watching the classified magazines in hopes of finding another something that is almost junk with a good powerplant. Prob won't happen

4. farmer_lab

farmer_lab LawnSite Member
    from KS

where are you located in kansas and whats the asking price. I have one and it also has the onan engine on it. I have also seen a wisconsion on one before and it worked great

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

go to the auction, you will find an engine

6. bicmudpuppy

Love your "purple cat" :) I let my purple blood settle down just east of that dreaded site on the Kaw :help: As to asking price / what it's worth......suggestions are welcome. I've either got to fix it or get it gone and after the lovely weather we've had here in Eastern KS for the last 15+months, captial isn't jut lying around.

Bryan, KSU '90

7. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

I alao use a Case Mini-Sneaker, and would be interested in buying for parts. But need to see a couple of closeup pictures of it first.

8. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

down time is a killer, dude. sell it and get a vermeer lm-425 and ditch witch 255sx.

you will be happy you did.

brian

9. bicmudpuppy

Ok, thanks for the input guys. I think I've solved my problem. I found a small engine shop with a 20hp Kohler. I'm going back tomorrow to give him a $20 deposit to check it out and see if it is worth a tune up. If it checks out good, he will sell me the engine for $250. Its the exact same shaft demensions as the old Onan. I will have to install a steel plate and then build up the base to match the existing shaft hieght (the Kohler sets lower than the original Onan), but I should have it running before we dry out from this weeks rain.