Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 19hp 44inch mini z and was wondering if these fusion blades i've been hearing about are available for my size mower. By the way, thanks for all your great advice for us Hustler owners.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
racingminds said:
I just purchased a 19hp 44inch mini z and was wondering if these fusion blades i've been hearing about are available for my size mower. By the way, thanks for all your great advice for us Hustler owners.
Depending on when your mower was built, it may already have them on it, post or e-mail me your serial # and I cant let you know.
If not you can order them through your dealer.
The part # for the Fusion blade for a 44" is 796300.
Hope this helps.

Pj

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
The Fusion blades have a treated cutting edge to help with keeping the blade sharper longer.
As far as helping you cut Bahia better.... it is possible, we use this blade in a new configuration of our mower decks, and your unit can be changed to reflect the new configuration.
Let me know what your mower model and serial #'s are and I will get you the required information.

Pj

·
Registered
7 Posts
Model # 927236
Serial # 05051327

BTW this is a brand new Mini Z with 19hp Kaw. I am just trying to find ways to improve the Bahia cutting issue. I adore the mower otherwise. You didn't answer an earlier question: My dealer says Hustler is coming out with new deck design to better cut grasses like Bahia. Is this true. He says he'll make me a good trade next year when they come out..

Thanks

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
mromaner said:
Model # 927236
Serial # 05051327

BTW this is a brand new Mini Z with 19hp Kaw. I am just trying to find ways to improve the Bahia cutting issue. I adore the mower otherwise. You didn't answer an earlier question: My dealer says Hustler is coming out with new deck design to better cut grasses like Bahia. Is this true. He says he'll make me a good trade next year when they come out..

Thanks
Your unit already has the Fusion blades on it.
I can not give any information out about what deck's may or may not be in the near future.
www.hustlerturf.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's great that my mower already has fusion blades on it. How often do I have to sharpen? And where do I get replacements. My dealer doesn't carry them. I already checked. Do the fusions have really high lift to help with bahia?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
You sharpen them as needed, nothing new there, you will find you don't need to sharpen them as often as with a standard blade.
You would need to order them through your dealer, if he does not have them his distributor likely does and he can get them pretty quick.
All dealers will soon have a good stock of these, as we are changing many of our mowers over to the Fusion blades.
The Fusions are considered a high lift blade.

Pj

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought Fastrak 44". I did buy the mulching kit but the dealer just found that there was a change in the deck design. The shoot is wider and the current kit ordered will not work. They are ordering the plate and it will be in later. He stated this was a running configurations change to the deck. It is supposed to help with the mulching and cutting discharge under normal use. I cant wait to see it if does! HE HE

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts