Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Rockset,no it is a stihl power broom,Can be a saving grace at the end of the day.

minimax

The wheels suck. They just make it so the unit blows everything foward. My guys hate that. They like the straight shaft unit quite a bit. It will allow you to angle the head so it will sweep away from curbs and such.

My guys also like the Stihl with the rubber paddles instead of the brush. The brushes seem to bend and cause the tool to bite down and bog the unit down. The paddles don't do that. They will also loosen and sweep up caked mud and deep sand.

One of my units is the Stihl Combi system. Its a power unit with interchangeable shafts. Its got the rubber head on it. I also have a Yard boss, Its got the brush head that the guys don't like.

We also take the big ass gaurd off. Its heavy and ackward, and the guys realy hate it. The units don't throw stuff to much, they keep it close to the ground making the gaurds kinda usless anyway.

With the paddle head you can sweep gravel out of grass after the snow melts. my father in-law bought one for this purpose and was not dissappointed.

I have said it a thousand times. This unit is my best tool purchase ever. The first time you use one you will understand why.

http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/multi.html

J.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Rock,I have the stihl Combi power head,broom,weed eater,hedge trimmer,pole saw and it has been great.The stihl broom head will run the brushes or the rubber paddles so you can change between then real easy.That broom has got me some jobs because someone saw me cleaning up at the end of the day with it and said my guy does not do that!! I don't think I could get along without it anymore.

minimax

If you guys don't mind me asking what did the brooms cost you? I price out the smallest kombi system and the head and broom was like $600. Can that be right? I thought husky made one also but I don't see it on their site.

Matt

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Matt,I can't rember how much I have spend on the whole system.I have bought stuff for it over 4 years.I think the power head was about $350-$400 and the broom was about $200.

minimax

I think mine was something like $600 for the power unit and sweeper head. For some reason I think the Yardboss set up was just quite a bit cheeper @ around $400 to $450.00.

I know it seems like alot of money for what you are getting. but like I said the first time you use it it will save you so much time, you will make that cost back in the first week of use.

J.

Heres a pick of ours being used.

We loaded trucks and dumped a tandem load of 1"road stone here and we are cleaning up the leftover mess.

With one guy it took 15 to 20 minutes with the Stihl. It would have taken 2 guys with brooms and shovels at least an hour to do the same thing.

Huge time saver.

J.

Sky Plant Tire Road surface Building

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Ok I will make sure to take some pics in january,I start a 26 mile right a way. I'm setting up a 2nd mini/mower for the job.

minimax

Discussion starter · #40 ·
renting a second hoe and I bought a second mower head from us mower,I picked it up yesterday.And I have a buddy running it already( sorry bobcat ron)

minimax

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.