Minimum Charge

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by BigJlittleC, May 21, 2019.

1. La Chandler

La Chandler LawnSite Member

Why would you even consider unloading your equipment for less than $50 a pop?

2. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I wound not. But guys around here mow for alot less. And not interested in mowing fields. I am not a farmer. Hard to get paid $50 for 10 minute mow job when the people only make zxy. My business model only includes smaller lawns. I tell the people with big yard to call somebody else. The smaller the better. Need to figure out how to get into the trailer parks. Lol. Somebody must have a stangle hold on the local ones. Thanks

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. OP
    OP
    BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Be hard pressed to find enough work at $50 minimum here at least for your basic mow and blow.

sjessen and Cam15 like this.
  4. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

My minimum fluctuates. Person asked for weekly mowing. Which is rare in 2019 for my area. 90's it was common. But anyway $25 ,takes 17 minutes of easy peasy, weekly.

Cam15 likes this.
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

economy is trashed. it's disguised to look like it's doing good but in fact it's not doing well at all. i've lost 10 customers this year. i've never lost that many in a single year in the past 10 years i've been doing this. normally i may lose 2-3 or none at all. why would i all of a sudden lose 10 in one year out of the blue? something is going on for sure. i think people are running out of "extra money" and the first thing they cut out is lawn mowing when that happens.

i did however gain 7 new customers this year which is pretty good. i normally gain anywhere from 5-10 each year. just seems like you're lucky to break even now days. it's almost impossible to get ahead...

it's not just this industry either. it's all of them. it's impossible to get ahead. they want it that way. that's how they keep control of everything. it's a conspiracy. :laugh:

prices for everything are beyond out of control at this point. one thing i don't get is why people have no problem paying $100 a month for a cell phone bill but when it comes to mowing they struggle to pay $70-$80 a month for it. bi-weekly yards at $35-$40 a cut.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Mumblingboutmowers and Cam15 like this.
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

La Chandler, what size mower is your go-to mower?

7. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

36 is my 1/4 acre money makerpayup

8. LawnCareBowling2019

LawnCareBowling2019 LawnSite Member

I charge 25 - 50 $ for all of my current yards all being done in 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes solo. Only got about 20 customers. Lot of one time cuts this year. Hope I can expand my business more over the next couple years. My goal is to have 100 customers by 2021.

Elite Lawn Pros likes this.
  9. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

I don’t drop my ramp for less than 35.00. And If I have to use a 21” in the back, 40.00 is the min.

10. Mowing monkey.

Mowing monkey. LawnSite Senior Member

Because there’s not enough work to go around above that mark.

weeze likes this.