Minimum Charge

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by BigJlittleC, May 21, 2019.

1. countrysidell

countrysidell LawnSite Member
    from NY

Im at $40 minimum for weekly being solo.

2. Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Member

My minimum for now is $25

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

You hack, that's what mine is

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Can't keep on estimates for either of my companies...well, actually one is my wife's, but...had a good employee put in his 2 weeks. 8-5 job, no holidays, no snow...can't compete with that.

Minimums are going up. Hourly rates are going up. The labor shortage is really starting to suck. Supply and demand.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Technology costs.

Walker56 likes this.
  6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Many prioritize entertainment over food.

Walker56 likes this.
  7. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

$35 used to be our minimum, however, we won’t take a Lawn now for under $45 unless we do the lawn next door or across the street. Drive times kill you. Starting to drop some of the 35$ lawns.

tareece likes this.
  8. Jasburrito

Jasburrito LawnSite Member

I just added mowing by a customers dock 1/8 mile from house for $15. Does that count? Also added my highest this week of $80. I do similar yards for 45. Sometimes ya just got to bid um high and see if they bite. Cheers

9. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like we all have minimum unless your next door, small lawn, my kids softball coach, the cute girl from the supermarket, it's Thursday and Thursday is opposite day, etc..........

I thought minimum meant that we DON'T work for less?

Mitty87, Doc8406 and Mark Oomkes like this.
  10. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously...25??? that was like 20 years ago! How long have you been mowing? Are you still in high school? Are you trying to make it up in "volume"? If you charge even 30 will your customers drop you? Could you be the guy everyone complains about when the word "lowballer" comes up?

Edit: Please don't tell me you did it to get more customers...it should never be a race to the bottom!

Jeff@diyokc and Mark Oomkes like this.