Minimum Charge

Marshall's Yard Service

LawnSite Senior Member

Joana Williams

LawnSite Member
$35.00 - Starting Price for a weekly lawn service.

Which includes - Mowing, Blowing & Weedwhacking & Edging. If they want a re-defined Edge, it's $1.00 / Foot & then it's included in their weekly price.

landscaper22

LawnSite Bronze Member
$40 minimum for mowing. I do have one for $35 that has been a customer for a long time, but I really don't even have any at $40 currently. A couple are $45 but the majority are $55 and up around my area. $55 tends to be the average for my average lot around here which is about .45 acres

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
My averages come out to about $48 per lawn. The cheapest are $25-$35, but those properties are all right in a row and we mow those 9 properties in less than an hour. I'm lucky to not have to travel much to mow in my area. I have a strict rule of keeping our routes tight.

Rule of thumb is $5 per minute for mowing and bush trims - So a 12 minute yard is $60 bucks.

landscaper22

LawnSite Bronze Member
My averages come out to about $48 per lawn. The cheapest are $25-$35, but those properties are all right in a row and we mow those 9 properties in less than an hour. I'm lucky to not have to travel much to mow in my area. I have a strict rule of keeping our routes tight.

Rule of thumb is $5 per minute for mowing and bush trims - So a 12 minute yard is $60 bucks.
Keeping a tight schedule really increases profit for sure. I am scattered all over, and I hate it. lol

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
Keeping a tight schedule really increases profit for sure. I am scattered all over, and I hate it. lol
Def something to work on. I planned my route 4 years ago and every year I keep it the same. I put a lot of thought into it and engineered it in 5 parts; one part for each mowing day (monday, tuesday, wednesday, thurs, fri).

I keep the routes close in transition so if I get rained out Tuesday, my Wednesday route will be near Tuesday's perimeter so there's no travel from Tuesday to Wednesday transition. I'll be adjacent to Wednesday's route when I get Tues completed.

The downside is if a potential client calls and demand's Thurs or Fri mowing but would be on the designated Monday route, sorry... find someone else to mow you... which doesn't happen all that often. Most people don't fuss about mowing days.

As it stands now, we dominate about 30+ subdivisions all in under a 5 mile radius thanks to Nextdoor and Facebook referrals.

This allows us to mow about 50 lawns per day running 2 trucks, and we usually get done in about 7 hours including taking our 30 to 45 minute lunch break. We have been near full capacity as of May, so thinking about starting a 3rd truck next season so I can take on more accounts -- just worried about a recession. We are due for one.

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member

You must be in an area that has wealth. $300 an hour to mow is not going to happen in most areas.