• $30-$35

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • $35-$40

Votes: 6 7.9%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
Actually, I have a lawn that's about 20'x30' that is next to another lawn and it takes me no more than 7 minutes total. I charge her $15. If it's a lawn all by itself, my lowest price is $30.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Actually, I have a lawn that's about 20'x30' that is next to another lawn and it takes me no more than 7 minutes total. I charge her $15. If it's a lawn all by itself, my lowest price is $30.
Problem is....What if that "other lawn" isn't there! They move, die, whatever. Now your stuck with a $15 lawn!

Almost always, price as if its a standalone property. Let the ease of proximity be YOUR advantage. Don't pass it on to the customer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My lowest is a $15.00 account that takes about 10-15 min. This is a strip in front of a business. I also do the owner's house, his daughter's and his sister's. Generally, I don't go under $25.00.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I used to have a $15 lawn. It took me 6 minutes to do and was one of my customers' businesses, so I thought by giving them a good price I'd scoop up another lawn. What happened is that the lawn hardly grew and a few times i'd drive all the way out there and it wouldn't need to be mowed. Wasn't worth it in the long run

·
Banned
4,396 Posts
I really am amazed at some of the broad-brush comments made on these boards. How about taking a deep breath and trying to imagine circumstances other than those in your own little world before making such sweeping pronouncements of "truth".

Someone mowing 3,000 ft lawns in close-by subdivisions making $25 each and taking 15 minutes on each is going to go out of business, eh? I'd love to see your math on that one.

Another example: I do 5 lawns side by side in one subdivision. "only" $30 each. Takes me 105 minutes, average. $150 for 105 minutes. Even tossing in a 5 minute drive to the next neighborhood, that's still good money.

Or alternatively, I could have demanded an arbitrary "minimum" of $35 each and made exactly $0.00 after they went with a lower bidder who would still be making a killing.

I do one lawn at $23 and another at $24. Neither takes me more than 15 minutes. The rest are all over $30. But I'm still in business after 12 years. Must be a fluke.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Originally posted by brucec32
I really am amazed at some of the broad-brush comments made on these boards. How about taking a deep breath and trying to imagine circumstances other than those in your own little world before making such sweeping pronouncements of "truth".

Someone mowing 3,000 ft lawns in close-by subdivisions making $25 each and taking 15 minutes on each is going to go out of business, eh? I'd love to see your math on that one.

Another example: I do 5 lawns side by side in one subdivision. "only" $30 each. Takes me 105 minutes, average. $150 for 105 minutes. Even tossing in a 5 minute drive to the next neighborhood, that's still good money.

Or alternatively, I could have demanded an arbitrary "minimum" of $35 each and made exactly $0.00 after they went with a lower bidder who would still be making a killing.

I do one lawn at $23 and another at $24. Neither takes me more than 15 minutes. The rest are all over $30. But I'm still in business after 12 years. Must be a fluke.
Well done. I agree 100%.

Green Pastures: do you do only commercial mowing? Cuz $45 is a bit steep. Unless you have a lot of accounts and are just raising the ceiling on your biz.....

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Anyone that has ever thought of or has asked this question should realy know what is going on where they work. Not here.

As you can see there have been various answers.

What I charge is what "I" charge. Does not mean that everyone around me gets that price. It most certainly means that what "I" charge most certainly may not apply to an area 2 towns away. Or for that matter where I am as compared to Virginia or Kansas.

Your time would be better spent finding the answer to this type of question in your own back yard. Talk to LCO's where you work.

I find it amazing at how so many in this business are so damn afraid to chit chat with people around them. Your not keeping anything secret. Fact is your doing a great deal of harm to yourself and your business.

Join an association near you. Interact with LCO's in your area. Make some friends in the business.

I refrain from discussing anything regarding fees

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
minimum to mow, trim, and blow is $23
minimum to edge just by itself is $25

So basically $48 minimum for everything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.