Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 72 Posts

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow way to many 7.25$ on that list, 20 years ago I got my first job at 16 in ct, my pay was 7.50 to bag groceries.
When I was 16 I was paid 3.75 hour
To push a mower. Minimum was like 3.35 back in 1986 Back then you could get a burger for like 0.30 .Tuesday 4 for a dollar. Now I'm being told that the dollar menu is gone. & You have to place your order yourself. That nobody is working the counter. For a dollar I could get a gallon of gas, soda, candybar. A neighbor would pay me 5dollars to mow. Now that property would be 30.00

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Being a dislocated Bengals fan. I have always had the NFL Sunday ticket.
Being that cincy made it to the superbowl. I got more Bengal games on my local channels. So I dropped the ticket and I would go to Bdubbs for them few weeks. To catch the games.
It was actually sad. That the place had half the seats empty. Them girls didn't have the customer to make them tips.
I'm hearing that some big tech companies are in the process of laying people off. Would this be the start with getting minimum wage back inline.
After a small crash.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
  • Ohio Under 20 Minimum Wage - $4.25 - Federal law allows any employer in Ohio to pay a new employee who is under 20 years of age a training wage of $4.25 per hour for the first 90 days of employment.
  • Ohio Student Minimum Wage - $8.59 - Full-time high school or college students who work part-time may be paid 85% of the Ohio minimum wage (as little as $8.59 per hour) for up to 20 hours of work per week at certain employers (such as work-study programs at universities).
  • Ohio Tipped Minimum Wage - See Here - Employees who earn a certain amount of tips every month may be paid a lower cash minimum wage, but must earn at least $10.10 including tips every hour. For more details, read about the Ohio tipped minimum wage.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Example Tip Credit Calculation:
Let's say Rick is a host in Ohio who receives an hourly wage of $10.10, the Ohio minimum wage. During an hour long scheduled shift, Rick receives $5.00 in tips.
For that hour, Rick's employer can credit $4.25 of the received tips against Rick's hourly wage of $10.10, so they will only pay $4.30 in cash wages for that hour. However, including both the cash wage and the $5.00 in tips received, Rick's total earnings are $9.00.
In the next hour of their shift, Rick receives no tips. Because no tips were received to be credited against the minimum wage, the employer must pay Rick $10.10 in cash wages for this hour.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm thinking it's crazy how. We have to pay people to work starting at 20 a hour. When a state minimum is 10.10
If you're paying a guy 20 hourly.
Then the economy falls hard.
Then what.
Then I think of comments I seen on here how someone is only charging 20 to cut a lawn. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Need to Add this to the list of “why can’t I keep employees”?
It’s crazy how many owners don’t respect the trimmer guy. He’s running around every lawn while the mower guys sit on their arss most of the day. . Trimming is an important detail and speed and a clean job actually matter. I prefer to start a new guy on the mowers… cuz trimming is just as important to me & almost as hard to get good at. So I don’t think they deserve less regardless off their vocabulary or how many teeth in their mouth.
Out of my 20 ish properties. I average 5 hours on the mower. The trimming is what eats most of my time.

1 - 12 of 72 Posts