Mirimichi green pest control chemical

Grnt324

LawnSite Senior Member
I was picking up some chemicals the other day and theybare carrying mirimichi green pest control and gave me a pamphlet for the chemical. It is an all natural product. It shows use on flies, mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, ants, roaches, chiggers and a few others.

I would be mainly looking to use for mosquitoes for the people looking for the all natural products.

Anyone ever try this stuff?
If so what did you think?
Screenshot_20190911-131732_Samsung Internet.jpg

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
I have not used the product. The active ingredients listed on the label are known to be effective against the listed target pests. However they only total 12.85%. This is very low compared to similar products on the market.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
The modern insecticides are already the safest chemicals in my cabinet. Pyrethroids and neonics aren't corrosive and are applied at very low rates.

Take a look at natural pyrethrin products, some of them are OMRI certified if that kind of marketing is important to your clients.

agrostis

LawnSite Gold Member
So that's a insecticidal soap. Any kind of IS is a lot of work for a minimal return. 25% soap kill rate vs. 90% standard insecticide kill rate. If your target is insects then that kind of stuff is highly inefficient. If your trying not to kill bees then you shouldn't use any kind of insecticide (soap or not) at all. That's just the way it is right now.