Mis application or what?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KB Lawn Care, Jun 12, 2018.

1. KB Lawn Care

KB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

So I mow this Bermuda lawn weekly. Last week it was normal and today when I showed up at looked like this. It's only around the edges 4 to 6 foot wide. I haven't talked to the owner yet. I don't treat lawns, but I may get into it next season and thought I'd ask so if it's a mis app or over app so I don't make the same mistake.

IMG_20180612_192817854_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20180612_195049533_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20180612_193052344_BURST000_COVER.jpg

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I suspect that the fence was power-washed with a strong detergent--maybe a wood bleaching agent. Clearly the irrigation has stained the fence. They wanted to eliminate the funny patterns from the irrigation water.

ETM, hort101 and KB Lawn Care like this.
  3. KB Lawn Care

Brilliant! I was wondering if it could be irrigation related because the one area that doesn't have it is where the fence is not stained. I hadn't even thought about them trying to clean the fence. Much appreciated. Thanks man.

hort101 likes this.
  4. KB Lawn Care

I did definitely save some time string trimming today...

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

That first picture is a excellent example of how not to power wash a fence. Its a good thing thats bermuda, it will probably come back fairly quickly. But being next to a fence and getting a lot of shade makes it pre-disposed to being weak, so keep that in mind if you get quizzed about it.

KB Lawn Care and hort101 like this.
  6. KB Lawn Care

Very true. I've cut this lawn for 4 seasons and it's always been thick and healthy so when I pulled around back you can imagine I was pretty surprised.

7. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Great pointsThumbs UpThumbs Up

It's worse on shrubs and trees a company ruined my customers Japanese maple and killed a climbing hydrangea was bleach:rolleyes:

8. KB Lawn Care

This is a perfect example of why lawnsite is such a valuable resource... I doubt they say anything to me, especially if they washed it themselves, but if they had I would have been completely ignorant.

Michael J. Donovan and hort101 like this.