Lawn Care Forum banner

missing the grass between the blades?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Phishook 
#1 ·
What would cause the mower to not cut where the blades overlap? I'm getting a fine strip of grass uncut between the right and center blades on a 61'' Chariot/25hp. I ran doubles, and singles, in all differant combo's still having the problem.

Spindle's, belt, ???

The blades are the right size, 21".:confused:

#2 ·
Is a spindle bent? I had this problem on an old Bobcat and one spindal was sitting slightly crooked. Seems somebody hit something and where the spindle bolts through the deck it was tweaked just a little bit. Removed the spindle and pounded the deck flat re-installed spidle and machine cut fine. Line up blades so that tips are facing each other and see if there is a hight difference. If there is then you know its a bent blade or your deck. Let us know how you make out.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Bill Renda
Is a spindle bent? I had this problem on an old Bobcat and one spindal was sitting slightly crooked. Seems somebody hit something and where the spindle bolts through the deck it was tweaked just a little bit. Removed the spindle and pounded the deck flat re-installed spidle and machine cut fine. Line up blades so that tips are facing each other and see if there is a hight difference. If there is then you know its a bent blade or your deck. Let us know how you make out.
I think you hit it on the dot.

I took the shields off the top this morning, looking for anything unusual. Noticed the nut and bolt has a little sway. The spindle and deck seem fine. I'm going to try to just replace the bolt and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.