• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Mission Mowers

Mission Mowers

LawnSite Member
For several weeks I have been silently surfing this website and would like to now participate. Here is my business idea and proposal. I would like honest and constructive feedback. This idea is very close to becoming a reality.

I am a professional pilot who works 7 on 7 off. I am a Christian who believes strongly in serving others who are less fortunate, both overseas AND here in my local community. Because I have extensive experience in the lawn care industry (golf course and residential) and I enjoy the work; I want to start a not for profit company dedicated to giving its earnings back to Christ in the form of missions donations. Initially I will operate as a DBA with a group of trustees who meet monthly to oversee the expenditures. If the idea takes off, then we will file for 501c.

I do not want to undercut, or take away work from my local lawn care companies!!

Because of my schedule, I would rather work as a sub for 3 or 4 established companies who could get to know me and my idea and then support Mission Mowers as it goes. I already take care of my churches lawn and will continue too. But I would like additional work. My hope is to build a trusting relationship with these companies and have them use me, instead of trying to advertise for our own dedicated contracts.

Equipment will be Hustler Mini Z 52/19 Kawasaki/ Stihl FS80 weed eater and blower

Well, that’s the idea in a nutshell. Tell me what you think?

Bill in Greensboro

violatorjf

LawnSite Member
I get the general idea, but I'm not sure how the money is going to work. Are the people who's grass your mowing going to give a donation, or you're just plain out cutting for free? I'm not sure how that will tie in with working with other companies who are out for profit.

Maybe I'm just not grasping it :confused:

OP
Mission Mowers

Mission Mowers

LawnSite Member
Mission Mowers would work as a "sub" contractor for lawn care companies already serving the customer. Because of my work schedule I can only be available every other week for now (until I find a partner).

We would bill the contractor, not the customer...

Example:

Your the owner of Big Dawg Lawn Service and your overloaded with work on a certain week. You call us, we cut what you cant handle, we bill you, you pay us what you would bill the customer (you keep 10%, we take 90%).