1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Misting system on a Walker mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Muellerhawk, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Muellerhawk

Muellerhawk LawnSite Member

I’m getting ready to put a misting system on a walker mower, one or two misting nozzles with a 12 V pump and a small 2 to 3 Gallon water tank probably in the grass catcher so it stays cool. Anyone ever done this before?

2. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

I dont understand why, maybe for dust control?

Anyway you can buy a replacement windshield washer pump tank hose nozzle on Amazon cheap.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Stays cool?

So what stays cool?

JLSLLC likes this.
  4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

The person driving I think

zlandman and Mark Oomkes like this.
  5. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like he wants to keep the water tank cool, right ?

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Muellerhawk

Sorry, yes for those 90 degree days when you start dragging in the afternoons. Flat water tank in the catcher to keep it cool. Craftsman use to make one but they are no longer available.

7. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

That will help the grass & dirt stick to you better. Also the hopper is usually over the engine so....

8. OP
    OP
    Muellerhawk

Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to use it if it’s dusty or I’d look like a human glob of dirt!

9. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

In my back yard, I hung a wire from my house to a tree, and zip tied a 1/2" drip irrigation hose to it. Into that, I stuck in 0.8 GPH drip irrigation misting heads like this: https://www.dripirrigation.com/mi010
    It's nice on those really hot days.

You could get a 1 gallon hand pump sprayer, fill it with water and stick that barb into the end of the hose.

hort101 likes this.
  10. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

hort101 likes this.