1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi fe hd

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Planet Landscaping, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody running 1?, Will be multi purpose hauler,light puller(Kubota) Run around laborers,and tools.Mulch and nursery runs ect. What aya think?

2. Planet Landscaping

Any help from cabover owners would be helpfull:waving:

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

For the purposes you listed one would be great.... Very manueravable, great on fuel and can hold a lot of material.

Cons

Low gvw.... They can hold much more in volume than weight... DOT loves getting these trucks because people think because the have a 8 yard capacity that the truck can carry 8 yards...Most of these trucks are overloaded with a yard or two of topsoil.

Power...... One will pull your kubota fine all day long but with the 4cyl engine it will be a slow ride....Still not a reason not to get one..

I recommend getting an automatic, anyone can drive it and the standards require an abnormal amount of linkage maintenance and lube for some reason, plus the synchros have a tendency to fail, at least every mitsu that i have owned or seen....

Basically for mulch, mowers and an overall light volume hauler, they are great.

Just dont let the size fool you, they are LIGHT DUTY trucks.

I had a 2003 FG the 4wd model and liked it, the only main problem was the GVW, I could only legally put a one yard sander in it, which was rediculous for the size of the truck.

I recently acquired a 1993 FH 2wd with the six cylinder and air assist brakes..
    This thng is a REAL TRUCK.... 10 times the power. We run a 10 ft v-plow and a fully loaded 5 yard sander and the truck begs for more..

Hope this helped

4. Planet Landscaping

Thanx procut.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The 4 cyl,135-145 HP, is a flat lander truck. The wireing is a night mare if you run it in the winter. Salt juice corroads the connections very bad.

Gene