1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

MKWL's new equipment storage building "addition"

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Dec 10, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a few pics of my new 12x12x8 Shed-in-a-box storage building for the equipment I have recently acquired (Gravely 817 utility tractor with attatchments, Troy Bilt chipper/shredder/truckloader, Troy Bilt rototiller, Echo trimmer, Mantis mini-tiller). I got it put together in about 4 hours, and is perfect for storing the rest of my equipment I can't fit in my main building!

Here's the pics:

shed add 1.jpg

shed add 2.jpg

shed add 3.jpg

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That's cool, i would mind having one of those. I want to get an enclosed trailer first.

3. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

Me too. First on the lsit is a truck, then def an enclosed trailer. Best thing is having storage on wheeels. :walking: ...

BTW MKWL: nice storage building. have you changed anything in your other storage building or has it remaind the same. LawnInOrder

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great ! I need that ..but like the others ..I want an enclosed trailer first .

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 26x32 shop and a 14x20 shed but I am out of room. I need a place to store fert and salt. How much did that cost and does it sweat?

6. mkwl

Thanks guys! I paid $299 for it, from Northerntool.com. So far as I can tell, it doesn't "sweat", but again I've only had it for a little over 2 weeks.

7. mkwl

Thanks, my main building has pretty much remained the same, I just couldn't fit any more equipment into it. I can also store fertilizer, salt, calcium chloride, etc in my new storage building.

8. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 LawnSite Member

How is it anchored to the ground? Or is it?... is the thing pretty stable or will a good wind knock it over?

9. mkwl

It's anchored in 6 places by large augers that screw in to the ground about 2'. Is it stable and well built...h*ll yeah!!! I put it up the day before a day when we had 60MPH winds, and 2" of rain, and it had no problem weathering the storm at all!

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Saw a few of those rolling around last week when whe had 30+ winds and 60+ gusts.
    Our city has required any temporary building be secured to the ground.