ML-MIA

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Nov 27, 2017.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone heard from Mike Leary?

Hasn't answered the phone in weeks, he may be in mourning as during new construction, his twin RMs were torn off the wall where they have resided since Mike tediously wired them.
    15230.jpeg
    No matter how tough the RMs are, they ain't as tough as the cat 312 parked in the background.

The power was off at the time so they may be salvageable but the field wiring is kaput. 15231.jpeg
    No matter how much extra wiring you install to mitigate expansion and damage, wiring always winds up in second place in the excavation game.

ML may be grieving, he may have went into reclusion, he may have gone off the deep end, he may have committed Harakiri.

Who knows for sure?

Mike may have hung out his shingle, is hobnobbing with the client and LA or he may have done the honorable thing and just got drunk!

If nothing else, I saw those clocks up close and personal, they were pretty clean :)

RIP RMs........

Dennistnt likes this.
  2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

Somebody had better find him and put him on suicide watch.....

mitchgo, Srlance31 and 1idejim like this.
  3. Srlance31

Srlance31 LawnSite Senior Member

Hate how irrigation always gets the shaft (or the bulldozer in this case?) during renovations or construction. Poor mike.

Love the Green Biz likes this.
  4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I was a little miffed at a 11k job in seattle I did 2 years ago and over 80% of it was ripped out from construction this fall. I met up with the GC and told him there is no point at on in taking the irrigation system and lighting system into consideration

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

My guess is he's in jail,

on what charges I won't comment

1idejim likes this.
  6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ocean City, NJ

Has me a bit worried too Jim. Says no activity since 21st on profile

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Silver Member

That’s because he loaded up the RV and is burning rubber for that job site right now... after a quick stop at the local WalMart to buy some shells for his shotgun.

8. Srlance31

Srlance31 LawnSite Senior Member

Might get to see some new pics of the infamous stool.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The stool no longer supports Mike's backside, it received a fresh coat of paint and resides just outside Russell's guestroom door at home.

I once enjoyed a cup of coffee and sunrise while perched upon the stool one fine morning on Bainbridge. :)

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

He might be in rehab. I hear there's a 12 step program for Lawnsite addiction.