1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Mnnice fall cleanup

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Bruce513, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Bruce513

Bruce513 LawnSite Member

Morning . I been getting calls for fall cleanups. The leaves are definitely on the lawns yet most the trees still full of leaves. My question is when do I do fall cleanup? If I did them now , I would be going back . Do we really suck the leaves up more then once ? Or just do it once they all have fallen and hope it's not full of snow ??

2. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I like to do 2 cleanups in the fall for my customers. I vacum my leaves into a bagger and if I wait for all the leaves to fall and its wet, the leaves decompose and stick to the ground and my rig doesn't work to well. As far as snow goes, yeah its Minnesota and the season could be over tomorrow here on the iron range or there could be 3 more weeks.

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Bruce513

Bruce513 LawnSite Member

That's a very good point . Better to get the most I can now , could snow tomorrow. 60s one day , 32 and snowing the next. Thank you .

Mattmowsgrass likes this.
  4. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of leaf operation do you have? Leaf loader and haul away, just leave leaves onsite? you got a favorite BP blower?

5. OP
    OP
    Bruce513

Bruce513 LawnSite Member

52" Toro grandstand with bagger system , Stihl bp blower . I do a few lake homes that I can dump leaves in their woods . Others are more city ( Alexandria) yards where I haul away . I started my business last may . It's myself on most the jobs . I picked up 8 dollar generals on a three year contract . No cleanups with those .

Mac-s Lawn & Snow likes this.
  6. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

Whereabouts are you located?

7. OP
    OP
    Bruce513

Bruce513 LawnSite Member

Alexandria, Glenwood mn

MNLawns likes this.
  8. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

Some customers request a weekly/bi-weekly clean up for leaves and some just wait for them all to fall down and just do 1 big clean up.

I leave it up to the customer.

9. OP
    OP
    Bruce513

Bruce513 LawnSite Member

Thank you.

10. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We do one cleanup before Thanksgiving, Christmas and a final after they have all fallen.