1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mobil 1 synthetic oil?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by walker-talker, Sep 8, 2002.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have heard good things about this oil brand, so I thought I would give it a try. I noticed that when the truck has been running awhile and is hot, that I lose oil pressure on the guage.
    Is this common? Is it becasue the oil thins out more than non-synthetic? Should I be concerned? There is about an 10lb difference.

MATT

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Amsoil synthetic. About the only dif I see is when it is cold (winter) the truck doesn't start as hard. As for the pressure I haven't noticed a dif. And no increase in fuel mileage either.

3. I use amsoil have'nt noticed any pressure changes.

I use amsoil in work trucks, mowers, two cycle and even my old 69 harley sporty .
    Aint put it yet in the wifes cts caddy yet but its in my trailblazer now.Got the duel bypass filters on the work trucks.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You should not be having that. Either the oil pump is going bad or the gauge is.