Mobile restroom?!?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Steve1130, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Steve1130

Steve1130 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone. I'm just hoping to get any ideas for a mobile bathroom. I don't know about you, but I drink close to 2 gallons of water daily which means I have to "water the lawn" ALOT! Lol. I've nearly been caught by a customer several times over the years, but they were luckily all just near misses. That changed the other day and I was throughly embarrassed! Luckily the customer laughed it off. Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone out here has solved this problem? I have an open trailer, so I can't just stick an RV style toilet up there and hope for the best. Lol. I either need to build a little structure for it, or have some kind of pop up structure and keep it in the bed of my truck. The bed of the truck is actually preferable as I really can't afford to give up a 4'x4' area of my trailer. But I also don't want a 7' tall box standing in the bed of my truck. Lol. All the pop up structures I've found are cheap tent material that won't hold up and will also be a hassle. I've thought of building a flip down box so it's not so tall except for when you need it, but can't really think of a good solution for the door. Any ideas??

2. KevinHartley

KevinHartley LawnSite Member

Probably the best option would be a truck camper... but kind of unrealistic.

Steve1130, TPendagast and RDALawns like this.
  3. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Gas stations, trees, dirt roads, anything other than in your customers yard. That’s about as unprofessional as it gets.

4. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I just use trees or hide behind my truck. But then again im from the south lol . It's kinda expected:nono:

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Yes

I’m having a hard time understanding people that can’t hold it until transporting to the next lawn?

Matthews Lawn Care and RDALawns like this.
  6. Steve1130

Yes, I've thought of the same thing before but I find it a little unrealistic as well. Would be cool to have a mobile kitchen though for lunch. Lol.

KevinHartley likes this.
  7. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Why not just up grade to an enclosed?

Or between house stop and take a leak at a public restroom.

RDALawns and GrassManKzoo like this.
  8. Steve1130

I agree, I do everything possible to go elsewhere. But the fact of the matter is that I'm human and I'm looking for a possible mobile solution. Just wanted ideas, not criticism. Maybe there's something wrong with my bladder, but I get to where I have to go 2 or 3 times in an hour and when doing mulitiple properties all on the same street, it becomes a necessity.

9. Steve1130

I'm thinking of doing that. Was just trying to look for any possible ideas because honestly I much prefer working out of the open trailer. And of course I use public restrooms in between. I'm talking more about emergencies, which occur more often than I'd like. Lol.

10. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Sounds like you need to see a doctor if your having emergencies more often then not.

Steve1130, GrassManKzoo and RDALawns like this.