1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Model Comparable to Scag Freedom Z?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by homerlex, Jun 29, 2007.

1. homerlex

homerlex LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hello,

I'm seriously tired of my Craftsman Garden tractor. I have a 1.5 acre yard and it takes too long to cut and my tractor is starting to have all sorts of problems.

I'm looking for a dependable ZTR for residential use only that might be the last mower I ever have to purchase.

I'm considering the Scag Freedom Z but also looking at other options. I was wondering of there is an eXmark Model that is comparable to the Freedom Z. Can someone provide ballpark pricing for the eXmark models as well? I can find Scag pricing online but no eXmark pricing.

I know I need to go talk to a dealer and test drive but I'd like to be armed with as much info as possible before taking that step.

Regards

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

homerlex,

You're in luck. Exmark does offer mowers that are very comparable to the Scag Freedom Z. Last year Exmark launched Quest, a premium homeowner mid-mount z. Two Quest models are available. The 48" model comes equipped w/ a 22hp Briggs engine, and the second model is a 52" w/ a 24hp Briggs engine. Prices are listed below

48" w/ 22hp: $4599
    52" w/24np: $4999

Exmark also offers the Lazer Z CT, which is a smaller version of our full-sized Lazer. Prices for the CT start at $5999 and go up to $6999. (For more information on all our products visit www.exmark.com.)

You are correct in that you should go see your local Exmark/Scag dealers and test both units. Thanks for you inquiry, and best of luck w/ your purchase decision.

Later,
    Casey