1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Model Number for for 1997 Exmark 21" mower

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Craig Jones, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I have purchased a used 21" Exmark trim mower at a local landscape auction in Maryland. It has a Briggs and Stratton 6.5 hp engine on it and is the hand push model. However, the ID tag has been removed. I believe the date of manufacture is 1997 since I bought similar Toro models that look the same to an extent. Also the engine ID indicates a 1997 manufacture date Do you know the model number of this mower so I can purchase parts for it?

Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the post. The model number on this mower is a M217B. It can't be a 1997 model because I don't think we had a 21" push mower in 1997. It was probably a 1998 model, but the engine might have been built in 1997.

Do you need a Parts or Operator's Manual for it? I can get you one for the mower but not the engine. Let me know when you get a chance. You can e-mail me your address if you need a manual. Here is my e-mail address - dustin.schwab@exmark.com.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

Dustin:

Thanks for the quick response. I will be sending you an email for information.

Regards,

Craig Jones

Tim's Lawn Service