1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Modifying trailer for Fall Cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ConnorMike, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ConnorMike

ConnorMike LawnSite Member

I Have a 6x12 single axle trailer and would like to modify it so I can fill her up with leaves. Have any of you folks done this? I plan to do it this weekend. Do you have any ideas that would help me get the leaves out quicker?

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I have done that. Either use multiple tarps and fill them up in layers that you can pull off one at a time or another thing you can do is put a piece of something like chain link fence on the bottom with extra sticking up along the front of the trailer. Then you can hook up a chain to the fence and something else and either drive away or have the fence pulled out by a loader, truck etc.

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Before I bought my dump I put plywood inside my the sides of my trailer. I then put a pallet upfront with a tow strap going to the back of the trailer. I would pack them in there as best I could and almost all of them would come out. The guy at the dump would bring his loader over, I would hook the strap up and he would pull the pallet out.