1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Modular fire place

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Bigred350, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out stone age... I've done several. They are around the 2k mark

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Cambridge has kits an prebuilt ones that you plop down with a forklift
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever considered building your own? Once you get a few under your belt they get easier and there is some money to be made. Can be a hard sell, Ive only managed to land 3 fireplaces in the last 5 years although the 3rd one we did went much smoother. I wrote construction notes and self advice in a notebook that I can refer back. Just a thought-
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mr. Midwest

Mr. Midwest LawnSite Member

I have personally met the guys at Stone Age. They are good guys and seem to have a bullet proof product. The only downfall that i saw was they appear to be very heavy to move around

6. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

The stone age units aren't heavy. Well relatively speaking. 2 guys it's no problem to assemble in a couple hours. They even have a tutorial video with there guy putting it together by himself. I'm not a stone mason, so the time and quality I get from purchasing the unit then veneering with a stone of the customers choice is the only way for me