• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Monkey Grass(whats the best way to cut it ?)

leeslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys .any of you have any tips on tools used for trimming back monkey grass?.I usually use hand clippers but was wondering if there were any other or better tools on the market?like a good re chargeable? Thanks for the input !

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Guess I'm a scrub... the few that have asked me to cut it back said," Just run over it with the mower." Works and it's quick. Who has time to use scissors?

turfquip

LawnSite Senior Member

A lawnmower?

Well, there you have it leeslawn. That's what makes this forum great....diversity of opinion hehe

You could offer Fall bed maintenance at half off and still make good money. Perrenial beds with a Lazer Z.

OP
leeslawncare

leeslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member
Now that wouldn't work in my case .would screw up the beds an the mulch .I've worked too hard to get them looking nice .Besides the client would fire my butt if i did that !!

I have a large vacuum (normally I attach it to my mower discharge to pick up leaves) and this year I'm going to try using a blade on my string trimmer and let a helper suck up the monkey grass as I cut it. Don't know how it will work, but I'll let you know in the next few weeks.

Toddppm

LawnSite Senior Member
We use hedge trimmers, no matter how you do it, pain in the butt. That lawn mower idea doesn't sound bad, Hmmmmm