• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Monthly billing or paid per visit?

Which method works the best?

• Monthly billing

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Paid per visit

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcondon

LawnSite Silver Member
We do not have time to collect every visit. We have lots of old people and they will keep you there forever talking. It gets billed every other week or monthly. just a handful pay every time.

Howard Roark

LawnSite Senior Member
Tape checks to the door every mow, with about a dozen that I bill every month. Next year going with CC's.

yardmanlee

LawnSite Senior Member
has both 1/2 monthly billing and the other likes to when they see me or when i mow to me it really dosent matter as long as they pay and they are not late

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
Hi RyanD,

If some of your customers want to pay you per visit on the spot, good for you. No collection worries then :)

<table width=100%>
<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td></td></tr></table>
<center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
I saw so much abuse at other companies I worked for when I started I made it part of my routine to get a monthly pre payment. Right now we are billing for Oct. labor/base rate and incidentals from Sept. light bulbs, fert, flowers etc. I have only had it be an issue one time in 3+ years and that guy was a contractor who probably would have screwed me. Some of the most profitable jobs are the ones you don't get. If the jobs are hard to bid /irregular I do the work on a T&M basis I get a 1,200.00 retainer just like my attorney has from me. If you think about it I really don't get paid too far in advance. We mail out bills tomorrow, clients get them mon-wed. next week say the 6th. maybe if I'm luck they will sit down on the 10th sat. and cut me a check and drop it in the mail and with a little luck I will get the check before the 15th. We all work to hard to work for free.