• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Monthly Mower Payments?

Dave655

LawnSite Member
Does any one here pay monthly mower payments here? I want to buy another mower but don't want to put that much money down right away. I just wanted to know if you guys think that might be an ok way to go? Drawbacks- Positives?

FuzzyOne

LawnSite Member
I always paid cash until last year. I bought a Hustler, put $1,000 down and financed the rest. For $157 monthfor 3 years, it was easy to take. One lawn makes the payments.

Not sure how it will effect my taxes. Since I do this on the side, I get killed every year anyhow. :(

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
I pay cash for everything.......for me paying interest is only for vehicles and real estate........

Derek

wriken

LawnSite Silver Member
the 72", I bought last year I did the 6 months same as cash, worked out good. I picking up anther ztr rider, before the end of the month, will try the 0% interest for 3 years. probably work out to 143.00 per month.

CDJLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Member
Guy's, the trick is "use other peoples money" you have to get the no payments for a year and pay it off before that year is up. I am getting ready to buy a 52" ex mark rider and no payments until jan.

raintreelawns

LawnSite Member
I just bought a new Hustler WB and the dealer was running a 12 month Same As Cash deal...I use other people's money when I can...Just make sure you pay it off before the end of the deal...otherwise they hammer you with a BIG finance rate.

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
I like CDJ's statement. Use others money for as long as you can. I did that when I purchased our new Toro Z as well as our Boomer. Just make sure to pay it back b/f the year ends cuz interest will hurt!

pines

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by CDJLANDSCAPING
Guy's, the trick is "use other peoples money" you have to get the no payments for a year and pay it off before that year is up. I am getting ready to buy a 52" ex mark rider and no payments until jan.
Where do you plan on buying it? Liberty Disc. or Frederick Equipment?