1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Monthly Mower Payments?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dave655, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Does any one here pay monthly mower payments here? I want to buy another mower but don't want to put that much money down right away. I just wanted to know if you guys think that might be an ok way to go? Drawbacks- Positives?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We lease all mowers. It has certain tax advantages.

3. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I always paid cash until last year. I bought a Hustler, put $1,000 down and financed the rest. For $157 monthfor 3 years, it was easy to take. One lawn makes the payments.

Not sure how it will effect my taxes. Since I do this on the side, I get killed every year anyhow. :(

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I pay cash for everything.......for me paying interest is only for vehicles and real estate........

Derek

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

the 72", I bought last year I did the 6 months same as cash, worked out good. I picking up anther ztr rider, before the end of the month, will try the 0% interest for 3 years. probably work out to 143.00 per month.

6. CDJLANDSCAPING

CDJLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Guy's, the trick is "use other peoples money" you have to get the no payments for a year and pay it off before that year is up. I am getting ready to buy a 52" ex mark rider and no payments until jan.

7. raintreelawns

raintreelawns LawnSite Member

I just bought a new Hustler WB and the dealer was running a 12 month Same As Cash deal...I use other people's money when I can...Just make sure you pay it off before the end of the deal...otherwise they hammer you with a BIG finance rate.

8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I like CDJ's statement. Use others money for as long as you can. I did that when I purchased our new Toro Z as well as our Boomer. Just make sure to pay it back b/f the year ends cuz interest will hurt!

9. pines

pines LawnSite Member

Where do you plan on buying it? Liberty Disc. or Frederick Equipment?

10. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot everyone!