1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Monthly repair costs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

I know most of us use our equipment alot and eventually have to take it in ( assuming you don't have the time to work on yourselves) to get repaired. When you take them in, how often and how much $'s in repairs. I'm solo and have just recently had my Exmark in to have spindles replaced and blade belt, ( unit is almost 2 years old). Have also taken my Stihl trimmer in for odds and in's ( about a year and 1/2 old ). My Echo backpack is almost 3 years and seems not to run as well as it used to either. Is it just me or is this normal?

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

balance your blades and you wont have any spindle problems. Run high quality oil and you wont have many 2 stroke probs. I rarely (not yet) have any major problems that cost me an arm and a leg. Preventative maintenance is key to keeping your equipment in tip top shape.

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

See above ....
    I am with MacLawn on this one ...

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have 5 mowers, 2 wackers, 2 edgers, 2 blowers. with that, and the truck, i estimate roughly $1500 a year in maint/repairs. its pretty accurate