Moodus, CT - For Sale John Deere Z960A with Bagger

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by RVCL, Feb 16, 2019.

1. RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

Hello everyone we have a 2012 or 13 John Deere Z960A 60 inch mower with 34 horse Kawasaki, electric deck lift, suitcase weights, JRCO mount, and three bagger system. The machine has approximately 1200 hrs.

The bad:
    Engine is hard starting, especially in the cold. (once running it runs fairly well except for backfiring)
    Electric deck lift may need grease or is going bad, doesn’t lift it up very well and you have to rock the machine back-and-forth to set desired height.
    If you apply full power on sticks, or are bagging up a hill the hydros click a little bit.
    Overall there is wear and tear, bagging system, overall machine has wear, machine does work and we have used it this last last year, but are looking to get something newer.
    I may have forgotten a few things but I will include some photos as well
    Looking for offers on it thank you
    Central CT area
    -Robert

3BABD99A-6701-414A-9255-DF5A3BF619E9.jpeg

FC3496F0-E6DE-4AB1-956B-D148A8F6A0DD.jpeg

E470FB94-6B85-4986-8074-57F3A8717218.jpeg

2. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

The bad:
    Engine is hard starting, especially in the cold. (once running it runs fairly well except for backfiring)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    *Just wanted to clarify this part, it does not backfire when it’s running, just when starting it.
    Thanks,-Robert

3. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

Bump

4. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

Anyone want to make any kind of offer at all? We are going to be getting a different mower, and any offer is appreciated

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

:mechanic: Gotta fix some of the stuff.....or it won't be worth much.

6. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

Yes, that’s true, and we figured it’s not worth a lot, but was just trying to see what an offer would be so I would know how to proceed, at this point I don’t believe we’re going to fix anything

7. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a ballpark of what you want for it?

8. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

Well we were hoping for $2K, but our ears are open

9. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I know nothing about how the electric deck system works on John deere, not my cup of tea. Is that the only way it raises and lowers the deck or is there an alternate way?

10. OP
    OP
    RVCL

RVCL LawnSite Member

It is the only way with a John Deere equipped with the electric system, otherwise they have a manual lift. One cheap fix option is to add a spring on each side of the deck, because the electric motor does lift most of the weight of the deck. (With the button pushed, I can use one hand to lift the deck up).
    I hope this all makes sense